Bash That Drum Can! is the eleventh episode of A Place Further Than the Universe.
The girls help Yuzuki run through some dialog for the TV show that she is going to be in. To everyone’s amusement, Kimari gets a sunburn on her face where she wasn’t wearing the facemask. They spend time in the bath together. Shirase shows off the Mahjong skills which she learned from her mother.
The expedition sets up a video conference link with Japan. Kimari's family is among those who are there on the Japan end. Hinata becomes upset when some girls from her old high school appear on the video link to greet her. Later, she explains to the others that these girls are from the track team, and she tells the story of how they ostracized her for being a better runner although only a first-year.
They go on an overnight expedition to a remote site where there’s exposed rock. Shirase broods over how the track team treated Hinata, but Hinata insists on letting the matter drop. At the next day’s video conference with Japan, Shirase confronts the track-team girls, and tells them to piss off. To celebrate the new year, the girls hang an empty drum can to create a makeshift Buddhist temple bell, so they can perform the purification ritual.
- The names of Hinata's estranged "friends" are revealed as Nozomi Hayatsu (早津希), Ayaka (彩華) and Misato (みさと).
- Hinata's old school is also revealed as the fictional Hanyu Daisan High School. Hanyu is a town in Saitama province, three stops down the Tobu Isesaki Line from Tatebayashi.
- In Buddhism, the Joya no Kane (除夜の鐘) is a new-years ritual in which the large temple bell is struck 108 times for purification of everyone's worldly passions and desires.
- The CrunchyRoll title is listed as "Bash the Drum Can", which is different from the episode's title card.
- During the mahjong game Kanae exclaims, “Let’s quit. We can’t win. Not against the daughter of Gin and Takako.” This is taken by some as a hint that Gin and Takako were in a romantic relationship. On the other hand, it could very well be an artifact of the translation. It may just as well be translated as, "Takako's daughter, and Gin", which removes such an implication.
- On the title card, Hinata and Shirase are seen pounding mochi (餅つき, mochi-tsuki). This is a traditional New Year's activity. Cooked rice is pounded into a sticky dough to make mochi. Shirase is turning the mochi to keep it moist, while adding water from the bowl. The beer case is just being used as a table. 
The insert song for this episode is "Sora wo Miagete".
- Vocals: saya
- Music and lyrics: Fujisawa, Yoshiaki (藤澤 慶昌)