Dear My Friend is the fifth episode of A Place Further Than the Universe.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
At a school assembly, Kimari and Shirase are presented to the school to acknowledge them for going on the Antarctic expedition. Megumi tells Kimari that nasty rumors have been going around about her and Shirase. Shirase is upset, but Hinata convinces her to forget about it. Rin helps Kimari pack for the trip.
Kimari, Shirase, Hinata, and Megumi do karaoke together to commemorate their last night in Japan. In the morning, Megumi is at Kimari’s house to tell her that they can’t be friends anymore. Megumi was the one spreading the rumors. She is distraught from the idea of Kimari going on this adventure without her guidance, so she tried to sabotage it. Kimari rejects the breakup.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kimari and Shirase attend the fictional Tatara Nishi High School.
- The official title for the episode is in English, so there is no kanji variation
- As Kimari is heading out for the train to the airport, when Megumi meets her to break up, they are standing in front of the Kanayama Shrine , which is an real place near Tatebayashi Station. The surrounding streetscape is somewhat different than the actual shrine.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Sometimes, people are just mean. Don’t fight mean with mean. Hold your head high." - Hinata. This is another of her made-up sayings.
Music[edit | edit source]
The insert song for this episode is "Mata ne".
- Vocals: saya
- Music and lyrics: Fujisawa, Yoshiaki (藤澤 慶昌)